Call for papers final reminder: Special double ‘open theme’ edition for July 2019
Special double ‘open theme’ edition
(25#1+2, July 2019)
November cover image excerpt by Fernando G Sepe Jr from his PJR portfolio.
The deadline for the next edition: 25(1&2) July: February 24 (note brief extension)
The next edition of Pacific Journalism Review after our Journalism under duress in Asia-Pacific issue out last November will be a double “open theme” publication.
We have a backlog of accepted unthemed papers for publication and welcome a range of additional submissions for this edition, marking the 25th year of publishing Pacific Journalism Review.
Papers can include but are not restricted to:
- Journalism education pedagogy and studies
- Journalism-as-research (Frontline section)
- Journalism theory and practice
- Sociology and history of journalism
- Development communication and journalism
- Human rights journalism
- Climate change journalism and strategies
- Environmental journalism and sustainability
- Asia-Pacific media storytelling
- Teaching journalism in conflict countries
The above list is a guideline and other related topics will also be considered. The journal has an unthemed section and other papers related to journalism studies, and journalism education, theory and practice will also be considered.
Submissions must be uploaded to the new OJS open access website for Pacific Journalism Review on the Tuwhera indigenous research platform at Auckland University of Technology: