INTERSTICES Call for Creative Design Research Projects
Christian Christie, (1906). Straightening of the choir wall in Nidaros Cathedral, Trondheim, Norway. [Source: Wikimedia Commons https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Nidarosdomen_chior_wall_repairs.png]
Call for Creative Design Research Projects
Continuing our commitment to publishing works of emerging design research, Interstices: Journal of Architecture & Related Arts invite postgraduate or recently graduated researchers in architecture and related art and design fields to submit projects for the journal’s peer-reviewed, creative design research section.
Projects should be complete at the time of submission and are to include an explanatory synopsis of 1,500 words.
Project documentation and the synopsis should meet the following requirements:
- Be original and unpublished previously
- In the case of visual material, include no more than eight indicative views of the proposal.
- In the case of moving image, animated sequences, or audio works, not exceed four minutes
- Include a scholarly and critically situating synopsis for the project coauthored by both the project’s creator and the supervisor(s) involved (if applicable). At publication, the synopsis will bear the name of the researcher as the primary author and the supervisor (if included) as the secondary author. At the submission stage, remove author identification but include a separate biography indicating the authors and associated affiliations as applicable.
- Exhibit, if feasible, a relationship with the journal issue theme. See - the current call for papers for Issue 21 | Fixing - https://interstices.ac.nz/index.php/Interstices/announcement/view/8.
Submissions will be considered for inclusion in Issue 21 of Interstices: Journal of Architecture & Related Arts, scheduled for publication in late 2021/early 2022.
Visit our website to view the Guidelines for Submissions for details about the reviewing process, copyright issues and formatting: https://interstices.ac.nz/index.php/Interstices/Style_Guide.
All submissions will be blind refereed by an invited panel.
Issue 21 journal editors are Carl Douglas (Auckland University of Technology, Te Wānanga Aronui o Tāmaki Makau Rau), Simon Twose (Victoria University of Wellington, Te Herenga Waka), & Jeanette Budgett (UNITEC Institute of Technology, Te Whare Wānanga o Wairaka).
Please submit full project documentation for the creative design research section of Interstices 20 to Andrew Douglas (email@example.com) by 10 November 2021.
We look forward to your contribution!